Friday, October 19, 2012

Busy Bee

I love being asked to crochet special little somethings. These past two months I had two orders to fulfill. The 1st was for a birthday girl in love with Hello Kitty. I was asked to make a scarf. This one to be exact. At a glance I was a bit skeptical but figured I could do it. I got all the regular squares done 1st and then her face. Her face killed me =/ The details are so small that I had the hardest time doing them and then once they were on I still had to use a dab of fabric glue to make sure they didn't pop out of place. At the end I was pretty happy with it, but I'm now determined to find away to make her eyes and nose look even better lol



The birthday girls mamí happens to be a one of the friends I made at our 1st duty station who is expecting a baby boy =] While she is stationed in Germany and I miss German chocolate and their delicious teas, we agreed to a little barter. A care package from Germany for a baby blanket. Now I LOVE making baby blankets so I was super excited to get started. I had all ready decided I wanted to make this blanket different, a pattern/stitch I had never done before so I turned to my trusty friend Google. After a few min I found the pattern I wanted to use. I am super in love with it that I am seriously considering making one for us =]



No comments:

Post a Comment