Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stimulated Brain

EMDR.

My fist visit with Doc was the very first time I had ever heard of this. I was to go home and look it up because soon I would be in an office waiting to have this done. 

It wasn't hard to find a good descriptive definition online. There is actually a website specified to it, www.emdr.com. The definition bellow comes directly from there.
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a psychotherapy that enables people to heal from the symptoms and emotional distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences. 
Once I knew what I was getting myself into I scheduled my first appointment. Three appointments later, here I am. My first real session done and I am completely overwhelmed! I was done with my session three hours ago and I still have this huge knot in chest.

We started off the session with my "disturbing life experience" and ended up talking about two different uncles, an aunt and a cousin. I knew that different images could possibly be jumping out me but I never thought that they would very this much and make me as emotional as they did!

I was told my brain will be stimulated for the next 5-7 days, which means thoughts of something from my past could randomly pop up that can possibly upset me. I guess all I can do is wait and see. Next session is scheduled for the 10th. Hopefully my brain will let me stay calm till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment